10 Home Items that Can Kill your Cat


Many common, daily things can kill your cat, and a few are often found in your house without you realizing it. If you’re a new cat owner, or if you are considering adopting a cat, you should do some research and find out how to spot the foremost dangerous items, foods, and plants for your cat so that you’ll prevent accidents.

 In this Lovely Pet article, we’ll offer some common things that will kill your cat and explain why. Also, we’ll tell you what to do if your cat gets poisoned and the way to stop it. Read on and find out 10 home items that will kill your cat.

10.Water with bleach

 In the warmer months, it’s normal for your cat to drink water wherever they find it. If their water bowl is empty, they could attempt to get some liquid from other sources. If you’ve just cleaned the ground and carelessly left the bucket filled with water with bleach out in the open, you’ll have a significant problem on your hands.

 Cats love bleach – they find it irresistible. Of course, this will pose a significant problem for his or her health, becoming one among the foremost common home items which will kill a cat. Bleach is extremely harmful and may cause serious problems in their gastrointestinal system also as vomiting, excessive salivation, and much of pain. If they vomit, bleach is often a terrible corrosive for the cat’s mouth.



 Aspirin is a common drug that causes no harm to the physical body. However, the consequences of aspirin on your cat are often very serious, because it’s highly poisonous for cats. Other drugs, like paracetamol, also are toxic to cats.


Photo by Ricardo Esquivel from Pexels

 Poinsettia, a standard but dangerous Christmas ornament, is one among the poisonous plants for cats. It’s really important to form sure your cat has no access to this plant at all since it seems that they need a natural attraction to poinsettias.

 Consuming small amounts of the milky sage of poinsettia causes vomiting and diarrhea, whereas consuming large amounts might be very dangerous.




 Chocolate contains a toxic substance called theobromine, an alkaloid obtained from cocoa which stimulates the cat’s nervous system. Contrary to what happens with human beings, cats are unable to get rid of this substance from their bodies. Only six grams per kilogram of the cat’s weight are often fatal.

Open next page to continue reading